We interviewed one of Liverpool and the UK’s most respected vets Dr Paul Boland (pictured above with business partner Justine Shone) to find out more.
What are natural pet supplements?
Natural pet supplements are products that are made from natural ingredients such as herbs, vitamins, minerals, and other plant-based compounds. These products are designed to provide additional nutrition and health benefits for your pet. They can be used in conjunction with a balanced diet or as a stand-alone supplement.
What are the benefits of natural pet supplements?
There are many benefits to adding natural pet supplements to your pet’s diet. Here are some of the most common:
• Improved digestion: Natural pet supplements containing fibre, probiotics, prebiotics, and bentonite clay can help improve digestion by providing essential nutrients that may be lacking in your pet’s diet. This can help reduce digestive issues such as gas, bloating, and diarrhoea. By supporting the gut microbiome and gut-brain axis they can improve your pet’s overall health and well-being.
• Improved immunity: Natural pet supplements can help boost your pet’s immune system by providing essential vitamins and minerals that may be lacking in their diet. This can help protect them from illnesses and infections.
• Improved coat and skin health: Natural pet supplements can help improve coat and skin health by providing Omega-3 essential fatty acids that may be lacking in their diet. This can help reduce shedding and improve the overall condition of their coat and skin.
• Improved joint health: Natural pet supplements can help improve the health of your pet’s joints by providing essential nutrients that may be lacking in their diet. This can help reduce inflammation and pain associated with arthritis or other joint conditions. The best natural joint supplements for dogs and cats are Boswellia serrata, turmeric, Glucosamine, Omega-3 fatty acids, and CBD oil.
• Improved mental clarity: Natural pet supplements can also help improve mental clarity, reduce anxiety, and improve overall cognitive function in our dogs and cats. Excellent supplements for improved mental clarity include the essential fatty acid DHA, L-theanine, L-Tryptophan, chamomile extract, ashwagandha, valerian root extract, passion flower extract, and magnesium citrate powder.
How do you choose the right supplement for your pet?
When choosing a natural supplement for your pet it is important to do your research first. Make sure that you read labels carefully to ensure you are getting a product that is safe for your particular breed or species of animal. It is also important to consult with your Veterinary Surgeon before giving any type of supplement to your pet, as some ingredients may interact with medications or existing conditions they have been diagnosed with previously. Additionally, it is important to choose a product from a reputable manufacturer who has been certified by an independent third-party organization such as the National Animal Supplement Council (NASC).
What are the safety considerations when giving supplements to your pet?
When giving any type of supplement to your pet it is important to follow safety guidelines closely in order to avoid any potential harm or side effects from occurring due to incorrect dosage or interactions with other medications they may already be taking or have been prescribed previously by their Veterinary Surgeon. Additionally, it is important not to give any type of supplement without consulting with your Vet first, so that they can advise you on the best course of action when it comes to supplementation for your particular breed or species of animal. Finally, always read labels carefully before giving any type of supplement so you know exactly what ingredients are included in the product you are giving them.
In conclusion, you can see that adding natural pet supplements to your furry friend’s diet has many potential benefits including improved digestion, immunity, coat & skin health, joint health & mental clarity – all of which contribute towards overall better well-being and quality of life for our beloved pets! However, it’s important not only to choose the right supplement but also to follow safety guidelines closely when administering them – always consult with a veterinary surgeon beforehand and read labels carefully!